Nov. 30, 2016
SSA team collects donations for Helping Hands, food pantry
PEOTONE — The South Suburban Airport (SSA) team — the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Division of Aeronautics, Hanson Professional Services Inc. and local subcontractors — have collected 24 bags of non-perishable food items and $735 in monetary donations for Helping Hands of Peotone and the Monee Food Pantry.
The team collected the donations during a food-drive party Nov. 16 at Gatto’s Italian Restaurant in Tinley Park, Illinois. The donations were delivered Nov. 29 to Helping Hands and the food pantry in Monee, Illinois. Helping Hands of Peotone, which is a member of the Northern Illinois Food Bank and one of Will County’s largest food pantries, provides relief for local families needing support.
The following companies and individuals participated in this year’s SSA food drive:
- American National Restorations Inc.
- C.J. Pohrte Maintenance Inc.
- DL Dubois & Associates Ltd.
- Fitch Construction
- Hanson Professional Services Inc.
- David Karlquist, AECOM
- Kowalenko Consulting Group Inc.
- Lymander Building Services Inc.
- Perino Bros. Inc.
- Total Property Maintenance
- William H. Metz & Associates Inc.